Did you know you can grow your own cloth-like fabric using a Symbiotic Colony of Bacteria and Yeast (SCOBY)? I will teach you how! I can teach you how to grow your own cloth/microbial cellulose using a mixture of the "mother" from kombucha or apple cider vinegar and other simple ingredients. It is a great vegan alternative to leather and is quite a fascinating art.
For microbial cellulose growth, you will need:
1) a large bowl
2) Bragg’s brand Apple cider vinegar
3) raw Kombucha (plain flavor)
4) glass jars
6) rubber bands to fit the jars
8) white sugar
9) a dark area to place the jars in
*Make sure to not expose the mixture to metal*
This is a great experience for school-age children (age 8 and up) and adults alike! Plant and food based art is my specialty and I'd love to get you started on making something really awesome.
1) Earn Karma P̅oints that you can use to save money on booking other services.
2) Keep your money safe. All payments are held by the platform until the service is completed to your satisfaction.
Sandra was fantastic! She used Join.me to connect with my two sons, ages 8 & 12. We had gotten all of the ingredients in advance and so as soon as the video chat started, she jumped right in, engaged the kids, and kept them interested enough and on-task so that the project was completed through! We are all now anxiously awaiting what will grow!!!